With the use of Winnemucca Mudd in the feed your cows get better absorption of nutrients. The increased surface area of the rumen lining in cattle fed Winnemucca Mudd allows for increased production as evidenced by this photograph.
Rumen Without Winnemucca Mudd Rumen With Winnemucca Mudd
Winnemucca Mudd improves milk production and herd health
Feeding ratios, which include high energy feeds as well as ensiled feeds (e.g. corn silage, haylege, and high moisture grains), can make animals susceptible to a condition known as acidosis. This condition results in reduced feed intake, reduced feed digestibility, undesirable rumen microbial population, dirt eating and other negative affects. The economic loss is reduced efficiency in beef production and lowered butter fat and milk production in dairy cows.
Winnemucca Mudd is an effective feed ingredient for preventing or minimizing the above-mentioned problems. Six to eight ounces per day per animalis the recommended feeding level for dairy and beef cattle.
Winnemucca Mudd is an excellent source of magnesium. Magnesium levels of 0.1% to 0.2% are necessary for maximum performance.
A UNIQUE AND EFFECTIVE FERMENTATION STABILIZER 1. Winnemucca Mudd is a unique source of magnesium calcium carbonate mined in Winnemucca, Nevada. It must not be confused with the other buffering agents on the market. You can use this fact in your marketing efforts to increase sales.
2. Availability of supply is unlimited-you need not worry about shortage, your company personnel can spend their time on more productive activities.
3. Winnemucca Mudd will be strategically warehoused. You can expect excellent service. You need not warehouse large amounts. This saves you warehouse costs.
BENEFITS TO YOUR MANUFACTURER’S CUSTOMERS
1. Winnemucca Mudd exhibits buffering action that effectively works in the PH range in the rumen-this means you can control acidosis and maintain the animals high production.
2. Winnemucca Mudd assists in maintaining feed intake, which results in high production and feed efficiency.
3. Through control of excess acids, one prevents the build up of clostridium perfringes and their toxins.
4. By maintaining normal rumen fermentation, you prevent the build up of Histamines and their effects, i.e. bloat, founder, snotty nose conditions and diarrhea.
5. Winnemucca Mudd gives good return on the cost. The approximate cost per head per day is 1.5 cents. The return needed to justify this cost is: .05 lb. additional gain per day would return approximately 2.0 cents, .30 lb. additional milk per day would return approximately 2.0 cents. Winnemucca Mudd has demonstrated returns much higher than 2.0 cents per day.
DESCRIPTION Winnemucca Mudd is a unique feed grade calcium-magnesium carbonate especially produced to meet the need of the ruminant animal as an available source of magnesium, calcium and carbonate ions, and to fulfill the ever-increasing need for an affective buffering agent. Containing 20% calcium and 11% magnesium.
APPLICATION AND USE
Feeding high-energy foods and ensiled feeds can make animals susceptible to a condition known as acidosis. This condition results in reduced feed intake, reduced feed digestibility, upset of the rumen bacteria and protozoa, decreased butterfat, solids-not-fat and milk production.
Winnemucca Mudd is an effective feed ingredient for preventing the above-mentioned problems. Six to eight ounces per day per cow is the recommended feeding level.
Winnemucca Mudd was evaluated for its effect on milk and butterfat production in a seven-week trial. Two hundred cows were fed Winnemucca Mudd and 80 cows were fed the same ration without Winnemucca Mudd (WM).
Blue line (number 1) Winnemucca Mudd 3.0 pH Pink line (number 2) Competitor Yellow line (number 3) Winnemucca Mudd 6.0 pH Light blue line (number 4) Competitor